We live in a horse community and have two Golden Retrievers who shed like crazy, so allergies in our house are always pretty bad. So I have been on the hunt for the best air purifiers for the best environment for both Kenzie and Hutton. I found Intellipure Ultrafine 468 and I must say I LOVE IT.
Honestly we have them running all day, I love that they are energy efficient but most importantly they are creating a healthy and clean breathing environment for Kenzie and Hutton. I never knew what was hiding in the air we breathe, initially I got it for help with asthma, and allergies, only then did I learn how important it is to remove toxic particles that are hiding in the air. It only makes sense, but sometimes I live in a bubble, only now I am super happy because my bubble is filled with clean and pure air.
Intellipure is the only air purifier on the market that combats all three pollutant categories –Micro-organisms, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), and Particles. It Captures 99.99% of airborne particles down to .007 microns in size, this includes ultrafine particles. I also love that it is made in the USA, it actually put together by hand in Pulaski, New York! Each and every unit has to pass an intense certification process before being sent out. I love the small town feel and you can’t deny the health benefits in the noticeable changes in breathing, snoring, asthma, allergies, wellness, quality of sleep, and overall quality of life. I can honestly say I noticed immediately the change in both Kenz and Hutt. Plus I love that the sound helps them sleep too! And for me, I have noticed that I actually sleep better. Plus it has helped me with my headaches.
Here some interesting facts about the air we breathe.
-Air pollution is the world’s largest single environmental health risk
– More than 5.5 million people worldwide are dying prematurely every year as a result of air pollution, according to new research
– 92% of the world’s population breathes polluted air, according to the World Health Organization (WHO)
– More than half of the people in the U.S. live in counties that have unhealthful levels of air pollutions, putting them at risk for pre-mature death and serious health effects including lung cancer, asthma attacks, cardiovascular disease, and developmental and reproductive harm
– EPA recommends that people clean air with high-quality portable air purifier
– Dust particles are toxic
– Dirt from outdoors, skin cells, pet dander, toxic chemicals, and even pesticides, including DDT
– George Washington University study found 45 toxic chemicals in most floor dust samples
– Ultrafine particles are known to cause cardiovascular disease, stroke, lung disease, and Alzheimer’s disease
– Ultrafine particles found embedded in the brains of people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease
– They’re so small, they easily travel over the olfactory nerve to the brain as you breathe them in
– Embed on the lungs, causing inflammation
– “The risks from air pollution are now far greater than previously thought or understood, particularly for heart disease and strokes,” says Dr. Maria Neira, Director of WHO’s Department for Public Health, Environmental and Social Determinants of Health.
I was also shocked to learn these stats. Studies have shown a direct link between air pollution and infertility
– Studies are showing that exposure to environmental air pollutants affect reproductive functions and, in particular, produce adverse effects on pregnancy outcomes, fertility, and fetal health
– “Epidemiological studies demonstrate that exposure to ambient levels of air pollutants are associated with low birth weight, intrauterine growth retardation, prematurity, neonatal death, and decreased fertility in males.”
– Women who live close to major highways where the air is polluted by traffic exhaust fumes may be slightly more likely to have fertility problems than women who live further away where the air is cleaner, a U.S. study suggests.
-Air pollution has been linked to DNA damage, abnormal sperm morphology, and reduction in sperm performance
I had no idea about this all. But as a parent I am trying my best to make my home a safe haven, and one of the most important things I can do is make sure the air they breathe is clean. It truly has made all the difference. Now I can breathe with confidence knowing that at least at home we are breathing CLEAN!
Original Article written by Beverley Mitchell, Growing up Hollywood